Like the Administrative share the 'Easy Software Deployment Manager' relies on the Windows Service Control Manager (SCM) for controlling the remote computer. Insufficient rights or policy settings (LastError: 5) can prevent access to the Service Control Manager and therefore prevent controlling the remote computer.
Articles in this section
- When I edit an existing shortcut the changes are not applied
- ESD is using more licenses than predicted. What do I do?
- My added items don't show up in the Manager console! What's going on here?
- The ESD Service(s) won’t start or throws an error when starting
- I’m getting an “Installation list not found” error. What do I do?
- Windows Installer Error Codes (Exit Codes)
- Windows User Account Control (UAC)
- Windows Administrative Shares ($ shares)
- Windows Service Control Manager (SCM)
- The Installation Item keeps installing when it already is installed